How can I teach more successfully in English?19.10.2017, 10.15 Uhr - 20.10.2017 um 16.30 Uhr
The use of English to teach academic subjects in countries where the first language (L1), of the majority of population is not English is growing due to the increasing internationalization of Higher Education. So, how do teachers and researchers deal with the challenges of shifting from their language to working in English with students and colleagues?
This two-day workshop is specially designed to support teachers and researchers in universities whose first language is not English and who are, or may be required to deliver degree programmes and/or present research in English.
The workshop will be highly interactive, challenging, practical and a lot of fun too! It will focus on helping teachers to communicate more effectively with students and colleagues through a variety of activity types from peer-presentations that are filmed and discussed, to problem-solving activities and lightning lectures from the trainer. The course aims to improve delegates’ English competencies and build their confidence when using English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI) in lectures and small-group teaching. In addition, the workshop will also improve participants’ teaching skills by exploring different methodological approaches.
YOU AS PARTICIPANTS
- will be able to communicate more effectively in English with students and colleagues.
- feel more confident when using English in lecture and seminars.
- improve your English language competencies and recognize areas that need further development.
- understand your students better and support them more effectively.
- increase your range of strategies and activities to engage students.
- take part more confidently in professional activities in English.
- John Waterman
- Andrew Weale
- Trainers, Coaches and Authors
- Präsentation und Kommunikation: 16.5 AE
- 19.10.2017: 10:15 - 18:00 Uhr
- 20.10.2017: 09:00 - 16:30 Uhr
- DiZ Ingolstadt - Website
- Goldknopfgasse 7
- 300 EUR
- 780 EUR
- Vertragshotel: Altstadthotel 92,- € pro Nacht inklusive Frühstück.
Bitte selbst buchen nach Erhalt der Bestätigungsmail.